In the mobile generation, every other business is trying to have a competitive advantage by building apps. This report is based on different surveys carried out by various organizations on professionals from varied work backgrounds like marketing, IT, finance, human resource, and so on.
Enterprises have quite recently understood all the benefits and have started using it for multiple purposes. Research has shown that the top three drivers of BYOD among employees are increased mobility (63%), improved satisfaction (56%), and enhanced productivity (55%).
Industry Insights Reviewed:
- 44% of professionals reported using their mobile devices more than 20 times a day for work purposes.
- 37% of employees reported having better work-life and increased engagement by introducing mobile applications.
- 43% of professionals reported that having mobile applications is very helpful for critical works.
- Employee mobility has improved by 63%, employee satisfaction has also been enhanced by 56%, and productivity also seemed to improve by 55% through mobile applications.
- The above benefits are more critical that reduce costs by 47% of enterprises.
- Many organizations are looking forward to implementing mobile apps in their business model in 2017 and successfully integrate it into all fields by the end of 2017.
- 91% of organizations plan to have a mobile work style strategy, which will enable workspace reduction.
- 53% are looking at core business processes while creating apps that include both internal and partners’ apps development, helping to mobilize business processes3.
Aims to fulfill in 2017:
- Improving and working on security threats on organizations using mobile apps, especially in IT departments, helps desks’ workloads.
- Increasing cybersecurity budgets within the next 12 months. Cybersecurity improves mobile devices’ reception provides a seamless working environment.
Areas that still need work:
Employees have often reported that working on multiple apps leads to applications crashing quite often, which sometimes makes the mode of work unreliable.
Building a robust infrastructure is of the utmost importance to create a smooth working environment. Secondly, the cloud system needs to be integrated into the professional application network to increase mobile devices’ storage capacity.
Malware and grayware is another threat to mobilizing business processes and needs immediate attention to ensure security. Lastly, evaluate the gap created between procedures and policies and established best practices.
Mobile security is the most crucial part to pay attention to in 2017. It requires a different approach that lacks a focus on malware. Apps prone to leak sensitive data in an insecure manner needs fixing as soon as possible.
Apps that are legitimately downloaded from app stores can pose a risk to corporate and personal data.
By 2017, industrial apps are growing into a $77 Billion industry. Mobile applications specifically boost productivity, and businesses will increase in 2017. Well equipped employees will be able to leverage the mobile app revolution’s power.
- “BYOD Risks.” Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) Survival Guide (2013): 249-50. Web.
- “Released: 2016 Mobile Productivity Report.” Blog Wrike. N.p., 26 Jan. 2016. Web. 09 Jan. 2017.
- 2016 NowSecure Mobile Security Report (n.d.): n. pag. Web.
- “Mobile Apps in the Workforce: Overcoming Challenges to Reap the Benefits of a Fully Mobile Workforce.” ClickSoftware. N.p., 29 Aug. 2016. Web. 09 Jan. 2017.