Empower teams and allow them to make better, more informed decisions on their own. This is a very important step for an organization, as it shows the trust your company has in its employees. It encourages employees to take responsibility and enables a culture of growth supported by teamwork and collaboration.
Motivating your employees creates growth in the organization. When people work together and learn from each other, it cultivates a culture of teamwork and elevates ROI.
Let’s look at some of the tried and tested ways in which you can empower your teams.
- Grant employees autonomyWhen you give your employees the freedom to make decisions without having to rely on managers’ approval, you empower teams and give them a sense of trust. Relying on your employees gives them confidence and increases creativity. However, you need to establish clear boundaries within which they are free to act.Letting employees make more decisions independently speeds up productivity and improves customer service. This makes them a reliable source of information and turns them into quality decision-makers when dealing with customers.NextBee’s project management tool allows you to remotely assign duties to employees and oversee the progress while also giving autonomy to employees. You can view how far each task has progressed without interfering with their freedom of work.
- Include them in decision-makingPeople feel motivated to work when they know how their work is impacting the end result. They want to contribute to crucial matters and see their efforts making a difference. When you include employees in decision-making processes, you are empowering teams and make them feel valued.Listen to employee feedback, and take their input into consideration. Give them all the necessary resources to help simplify their work. This may include providing them with modern tools and equipment, technology, and software that gets the work done in less time and more accurately. Investing in your employees and their tools will pay dividends in the long run.Even when your team is working remotely, it is possible to stay connected and collaborate. NextBee’s collaboration tools will let you connect your teams even when working from home or on the go. With the capacity to create notes, leave feedback and share progress reports, our tools enable seamless collaboration.
- Set clear goalsSetting clear goals and targets in the workplace is essential, especially when you want to empower teams. It ensures they have the freedom to act on their own, but only to the extent that their actions help achieve company goals- both long-term and short.Clear goals, like KPIs, reduces confusion and dependency on the high-ups for task completion. Clarity increases the overall efficiency and productivity of the team.NextBee’s project management tool comes with an easy setup for KPI management. You can easily assign key performance indicators for each team (and team member) and track them as the employees make progress. It’s easy to set up and makes work convenient.
- Have faith in their abilities and earn their trustTrust your employees and have faith in their abilities to make the right decisions. This will empower them and make them more confident about their choices. While you’re giving more responsibility to your team, make sure to hold them accountable for their choices, and give them a chance to correct their mistakes. Allowing employees to learn from their mistakes makes them more skilled, and increases their trust in you as long as you handle it well.Find what they are good at, support them and motivate people to work together. Provide guidance and advice whenever needed, but have faith in their abilities. Provide training in relevant areas to upskill them is another great way to empower teams.
- Bring in a culture where mistakes aren’t condemned.A culture where mistakes are seen as a part of the learning process creates employees who are confident and more productive. Fear of failure brings down motivation and zeal to work, and can make employees hesitant in their decision-making.It’s equally important to praise employees for their achievements, no matter how small they may be. NextBee’s reward system automatically helps you track employee activity on a daily basis and provides rewards for every step.If you’re looking to learn how to empower teams, then look no further. NextBee provides a comprehensive solution to all your employee empowerment, loyalty, and reward needs. For more information, contact us today. Our team of experts will be happy to guide you through our programs and offers and show new ways to empower your employees.
Ready to learn more? Call us today!